This morning I finished writing the granola recipe and cooking it.
I know I should work on my school assignments, but working on my hobbies is more fun. I’m sure this afternoon I will procrastinate.
Here is the recipe for the Peach Almond Granola:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup olive or canola oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried peaches, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC / 300F °
- Prepare a tray with parchment paper or place a silicone protector.
- In a small saucepan, heat the sugar, maple syrup, and oil over low heat. As soon as the sugar has dissolved, remove it from the heat and add the vanilla.
- In a deep bowl, mix the oatmeal with the almonds, peaches, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the hot liquid to the oatmeal and mix everything, ensuring that all the ingredients are incorporated, and the dry ingredients are wet.
- Place the mixture on the tray spreading well.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake the granola for 30 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool.
- Store the granola in a container with a lid.